[jaws-uk] Re: macro media

  • From: <tim.pennick@xxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 08:38:13 +0100

Hi=20

Macromedia is a company rather than a product (they've just become part =
of Adobe).  The product which you most commonly come across is Flash.  =
If you have an up-to-date version of JAWS, and you download Flash player =
7 or 8, there are some Flash sites which will work really well with =
JAWS.  I'd say that its better to have it installed than not to have it =
installed.  However, like all issues of accessibility, in the last =
resort it still comes down to a question of whether accessibility has =
been taken into account during the design of the site, so there will be =
some sites which aren't accessible even if you have the latest version =
of everything installed.

Regards,

Tim Pennick