[jaws-uk] Re: laptops

  • From: "Claire Doel" <c.doel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 20:07:39 +0100

I Agree with Nigel,
 I know a couple of people who have experienced catastrophic hard disk
failures with quite new Dell machines, that and the exploding batteries....
no thanks.
Even though I have a Toshiba I have become a bit cautious and have an
external USB hard drive on order, just in case! I think that is the main
thing really protect your stuff as much as you can by backing it up
properly. My husbands desk top literally went bang on Sunday  it can happen
to anyone, so avoid the misery.
Claire.