[jaws-uk] jfw licences under vista

  • From: "Adrian Higginbotham" <adrian.higginbotham@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 11:11:48 -0000

Hello all:
Has anyone dug around FS to check out if there any announcements to date
how standard and pro licences will apply to the various vista licence
options?
currently shopping around for a new PC I see that if you buy a machine
with media centre you currently qualify for an upgrade to vista home
premium which is clearly intended to be a home user operating system
however in order to operate jfw under media centre you need a jaws pro
licence.  I would hope that vista home basic and home premium would
operate under a standard licence, and business and ultimate require a
pro licence. can anyone confirm or otherwise?

Adrian Higginbotham
Project manager, Standards

British Educational Communications and Technology Agency - BECTA
Tel: Direct dial 024 7679 7333 - Becta switchboard 02476-416994.

Email: Adrian.Higginbotham@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Web: http://www.becta.org.uk/
BECTA, Millburn Hill Road, Science Park, Coventry, CV4 7JJ