[jaws-uk] Re: [jaws-up] Re: Outlook Express Problems

  • From: "LaMcAs" <lamcas17@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2011 19:56:05 +0100

Ok on the subject of Outlook Express and the fact that MS no longer support
it, might I suggest that you change the store folder location to a folder in
My documents and  then instil into yourself to do a daily backup.

Outlook Express store folders, or for that matter any programs stored data
is usually in a location that most users would not be knowledgeable on how
to get to, and even once the knowledge has been gained, might, be thought to
be too heavy a task to do in fear of messing things up, that you try and
take the above action that stores data in a non-easily-accessible folder,
that you check out such programs and where at all possible change the store
location to one you feel more comfortable working with.

I can't stress enough how important daily backups are, and even more often
if you have a lot of emails and using Outlook Express. We all want to avoid
those very important data losses and reduce any loss to a minimum, so please
act now before like others, you find it is too late to recover your very
important data, which is only important to you and not others, but might
well be if you ask someone else to carry out data recovery for you which in
itself can be quite costly.

I'm sure there are also programs you can find to back up Outlook Express
settings and data, so at least you have some form of backup so you can at
least try to retrieve from.

I'm sure you are also aware that Microsoft, and many other sources advise
against using Outlook Express for large volumes of data as the more data the
program is asked to store the more unreliable it becomes at maintaining it,
and it appears of late more people seem to be having problems with Outlook
Express.

Larry & Flax GD (Guide Dog)
& Elliot RTG (Retired Guide Dog)
London, UK