[jaws-uk] : [jaws-uk]Customising how Jaws speaks headings in HTML documents

  • From: "Terry Moody" <T.Moody@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 11:30:30 +0100

Hi All,

I wanted to get Jaws to say "H1" rather than "heading level 1" and so on  when
it encounters
headings in IE.
I thought I might be able to do this in speech and Sounds Manager by editing a
suitable
scheme and, on the HTML page, adding the relevant attributes (e.g. h1 for
heading level 1
etc) and also typing h1 h2 etc in the corresponding "optional text" fields.

It didn't work.

Have I gone wrong somewhere or can this not be done anyway?
i'm using Jaws 7.1.

thanks for any help.

Terry