[jaws-uk] Re: jaws key change

  • From: "Amro Bilal" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2011 15:27:50 -0000

"now you say about setting jaws to laptop keyboard mode. if i did that will all
the keys on this keyboard that i am using to type this email still work in the
same way?"

In a word, yes.

All that happens when you choose the Jaws laptop keyboard layout is that the
caps lock then is used as the Jaws key in addition to the insert key. So no
other keys on your keyboard will be affected at all. To use the caps lock as a
caps lock button you will need to press it twice in quick succession to turn
caps lock on and off.

Just open the Jaws menu by pressing (insert j), then go into options and enter
on basics. On the basics dialog tab down to keyboard layout and choose laptop
from the list of layouts. Now tab down to the OK button, hit it and you are
done.

Don't worry, changing to the Jaws laptop layout will not mess anything up on
your keyboard. Try it and if it doesn't do what you are after or you don't like
it for any reason it is easily revoked. I understood your original question and
I believe this will do exactly what you want to achieve.

HTH,
Amro