[jaws-uk] Re: internet query

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 22:28:52 +0100

Following Tristram's response lack of accessibility to the
Girlsaloud web site, I'm posting a copy of what I posted to
Access-UK.

Let's not mess around folks.  Get on the telephone!

George.

The subject was the heading of an article is Issue 189 of
"Computer Active Magazine".

It begins, "The Disability Right Commission (DRC) wants
people to tell it about websites that the disabled find
difficult to use in order to improve accessibility."

It goes on to say that the DRC, "is empowered by law to
conduct formal investigations" into such web sites.

And my goodness, the also say, "The DRC, with help from the
RNIB, has also asked the British Standards Institute to
develop clear guidance for web design."

The article quotes a telephone number for the DRC - 08457
622633 - and a web site - http://www.drc-gb.org

Give them a call, and refer to this article in Computer
Active Magazine.

So let's be hearing all about your calls, and what they have
to say.

George.

Tristram Llewellyn
> Sent: 31 May 2005 12:24
> To: jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [jaws-uk] Re: internet query
>
> I rather suspect you're after www.girlsaloud.co.uk which
is
> written entirely in flash it would seem.  Although Jaws
can
> read some of this other bits it cannot and because there
is
> no code it's not that possible to find out what the
problem is.

> Personally if the music didn't turn me off this flash site

> would put the lid on it, flash I regard as additional
content
> I may want to have access to if I wanted to download a
flash
> player, this site doesn't give you the option.
>
> Regards.
>
> Tristram Llewellyn
> Sight and Sound Technology
> Technical Support
> www.sightandsound.co.uk

second
> name - Allowed or Aloud or Alloud!)
>
> George.

accessible
> to a JAWS users.
>
> Can someone please explain waht the following is?
>
> home.swf?currentday=47&totaldays=70
>
> Does this meean I wont be able to access the site at all.
>
> Thanks
>
> Paul.

> link:-
> **
> [mailto:jaws-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=unsubscribe]
> the
>

> This Message has been scanned for viruses by McAfee
Groupshield.
link:-
[mailto:jaws-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=subscribe]
the