[jaws-uk] Re: inbox query

  • From: "Amro Bilal" <amro_bilal@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 12:55:57 -0000

Hey guys, allow me to contradict. I always have my email client set to leave a copy of messages on server. Two reasons, I access my inbox from different computers, and I like to leave a copy of these messages that are in my inbox on the server just in case the worse happens. However, I have my client configured to remove messages after they are emptied from the Deleted Items folder. That how I keep things tidy. IMAP does exactly that but I'm still fund of POP3 for peculiar reasons :).

So, Paul, It's entirely up to you how you want to organise things. In Outlook 2003, handling emails options can be found in: Tools, Email accounts, View or change existing email accounts. Select the email account you're configuring and hit Change, then look for More settings and press it. On the Advanced page you'll find all the options you want (Leave a copy of messages on the server, Remove from server after, and, Remove when removed from the Deleted Items folder). I'm not sure about Outlook 2007 but I reckon the settings will be in a similar place to 2003.

Having said all that, if you inbox can't take 200 messages, even 1000 messages without attachments then something not quite right at your ISP's end, unless there're other settings I don't know of...

Hope that helps,
Amro
----- Original Message ----- From: "Tiddy Ogg" <oggy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>