[jaws-uk] Re: hmv website

  • From: "Tristram Llewellyn" <tris-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2006 11:12:27 -0000

If you have Jaws 5.0 or later these instructions should make things very easy.
1    On the main page press insert+F5 to open the list of edit fields and press
enter on "search" edit box.
2    Type your search query into this.  If you are just searching for the
artist just type their name a press enter.
3    If you have Jaws 4.02 or earlier it's going to be tedious arrowing down
from here on.  If you have Jaws 4.5 or above use the letter H to skip through
the headings you should come to your "results"
4    You are now at the beginning of your results, you can just use arrows from
here if you like.
5    There may be more than one artist that matches your search and you can get
directly to it by press letter H (the keystroke to skip to the next heading on
a web page).
6    HMV have another section header for "matching products, press H again for
"matching products".
7    You can at this point use the arrows to browse through items, or because
of a rather nice touch of adding headings to the album titles listed in the
results, use letter H for headings you can skip through those.
Nice use of headings HMV, makes searching with Jaws very quick.

Regards.

Tristram Llewellyn
Sight and Sound Technology
Technical Support