[jaws-uk] Re: greater than signs

  • From: "Phil Medway" <philmedway@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 21:53:59 +0100

Hi folks,

If you want to get rid of the greater than signs which precede original text
under your own E-mail replies, do the following in outlook express:

press alt+t then o for options.

control+Tab until you reach the send tab.

Now tab until you reach the first occurrence of the "plain text settings"
item.  Note that there are two of these in this dialogue and you need the
first which relates to E-mails.  Press enter to bring up the settings.

Now, tab to "indent the original text with" and uncheck this item.

Now, tab to the ok button and press enter.

If you are presented with any other dialogues, press ok on them.

You should now have no greater than, vertical bar nor colon preceding the
original text in your replies.

HTH,

Phil Medway.