[jaws-uk] going to be buying Jaws soon and have a few questions.

  • From: "Daniel McGee" <mc-g@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2010 22:05:38 +0100

Hi everyone, as my subjectline says I am going to be buying jaws soon once my
grant is sorted out. I'm so excited! But I have a few questions about what to
do because this will be the 1st time I've brought jaws so I don't really know
the procedure. lol

Ok hear it goes!

1. This might sound silly but basicly where can you buy Jaws in the UK? If
someone could write out a list of where to buy jaws under the blank space
before my 2nd question then I will be greatful!

2. I have heard of two difference versions of jaws that one can perches.  Jaws
Standard and Jaws Professional. What are the difference in pricing and is it
more worth it if I went for the professional version? And could someone explain
the differences for me?

and now for my final question and to me this is the most important one!

3. Once I've brought jaws can I install it onto more than one computer? Because
basicly I am going to install it on my desktop computer but I would also like
it if I can install it onto my laptop. Are there so many keys that you can use
it up before getting more licences?

Sorry I have one more question before I'm done. lol

4. When will the UK start getting Jaws 12 on CD's for jaws customers? I know
there is normally a Jaws beta before they declare a final   release. But I was
just wondering when do the public get there upgrades?

I'm sorry if this seems like a lot of questions but I'm not a beginner of the
programme. I just want to be prepared and to know what to expect when I can buy
it.
I look forward to hearing from you all. And please if there any questions I
haven't thought of then please write them down! I am going to hold off until
Jaws 12 comes out because the last thing I want to do is buy jaws 11 and then
have to pay for Jaws 12. And that proably is another question but I'll let the
experience users explain.
Thanks again
Daniel