[jaws-uk] excessive verbosity in Word 2003

  • From: "the gamages" <james.gamage@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2010 20:27:15 +0100

Hello

I am trying to solve a problem in Word 2003 using Jaws 11, I have a table of
contents with hyperlinks at the beginning of the document, heading styles
are set, the problem is that Jaws reads the heading in the table of contents
and then goes on to speak loads of information about the hyperlink field,
which I don't want, only after all this unwanted information does Jaws speak
the page number, I only want to know the heading and page number, any ideas
how to stop Jaws 11 giving all the extra stuff?  Jaws 8 doesn't do this, it
just gives the heading and page number.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Jim.