[jaws-uk] email in windows 2007

  • From: "Graham Page" <gpage@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@freelists. Org>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2009 09:09:14 +0100

Hi all.

What email client is being suggested by Freedom Scientific for use in Windows
7?  I note that no email program is shipped with windows 7 as standard.

I also note that support for Windows Live Mail has been vary patchy with JAWS
and other screenreaders.  If people do not have Microsoft Office installed
already, or they choose the home/student edition of Microsoft Office 2007 they
do not get outlook included and Outlook is clearly far too expensive if all you
want is Email.  What should Windows 7 users do therefore about getting email
working once a system has been purchased?  With Windows 7 being only just over
a month from release this problem needs to be resolved.

Regards

Graham
Graham Page
Home Phone: 0207 265 9493