[jaws-uk] Re: [duxuser] JAWS 5, Duxbury and Focus Braille display

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2005 10:29:30 +0100

Hi Steve,

I'm copying this to Caryn at Duxbury, who is a JAWS user,
and writes the JAWS scripts.  Hopefully she may have some
ideas.

George.

Griffiths, Steve
jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [duxuser] JAWS 5, Duxbury and Focus Braille
display

> I have a colleague using JAWS 5.00.844 with a Focus 70
> Braille display and Duxbury 10.5 SP1.  She has an annoying

> issue when she opens a Word document into Duxbury, in that

> the Braille display does not bring focus to the beginning
of
> the document. Rather, the first cell of the display
> consistently shows the character that appears about half
way
> across the screen, just underneath and to the left of the
> beginning of the Help menu. The insertion point is
correctly
> placed on the first character of the document, and any of
the
> usual methods of refreshing the screen bring the Braille
> display to the correct place.
>
> This doesn't happen when a dxp document is opened, and it
> doesn't happen in any other application. Other colleagues
> using the same versions of JAWS and Duxbury but different
> Braille displays (Alva or PowerBraille) don't experience
it.

> It's not a major problem, just an annoyance, but I wonder
if
> anyone else has come across a similar situation or can
> suggest what might be done to correct it?
>
> ---
> Steve Griffiths,
> IT Trainer, Access Technology Support Unit Royal National
> Institute of the Blind, 105 Judd Street, London WC1H 9NE
> Tel: 020 7391 2232
> Email: steve.griffiths@xxxxxxxxxxx
> Fax: 020 7383 2034
>
> --
> DISCLAIMER:
>
> NOTICE: The information contained in this email and any
> attachments is confidential and may be privileged.  If you

> are not the intended recipient you should not use,
disclose,
> distribute or copy any of the content of it or of any
> attachment; you are requested to notify the sender
> immediately of your receipt of the email and then to
delete
> it and any attachments from your system.
>
> RNIB endeavours to ensure that emails and any attachments
> generated by its staff are free from viruses or other
> contaminants.  However, it cannot accept any
responsibility
> for any  such which are transmitted.
>
> Please note that the statements and views expressed in
this
> email and any attachments are those of the author and do
not
> necessarily represent those of RNIB.
>
> RNIB Registered Charity Number: 226227
>
> Website: http://www.rnib.org.uk
>

> * * *
> * This message is via list duxuser at freelists.org.
> *   unsubscribe
> * as the subject to <duxuser-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>. You
may also
> * subscribe, unsubscribe, and set vacation mode and other
subscription
> * options by visiting //www.freelists.org.  The list
archive
http://www.duxburysystems.com