[jaws-uk] Re: citylink:

  • From: "Will Pearson" <will-pearson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 15:56:46 -0000

MessageHi Robin,

I think this may be a conflict between JAWS and the Java Run-Time Environment.
This problem certainly happened with JAWS 5.x, and, at the time, was attributed
to the Sun JRE being installed, which IIRC, was 1.4.2_03.  I think Sun have
1.50 of J2SE out now, but I haven't tried it, and I know they have a new
version of the access bridge in public beta.

The only resolution I came up with at the time, was to move focus away from the
IE window, to the desktop or to another app, and then back to IE.  This seemed
to get the page to read correctly.  As There's a new version of JAWS out, and
likely a new version of Java, it might be worth checking with both Sun and FS
to see if this is resolved.

Will