[jaws-uk] Re: changing computer

  • From: "Griffiths, Steve" <Steve.Griffiths@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2006 09:47:37 +0100

Graham,

I think I'm right in saying that once you activate JAWS on a specific PC
with ILM, it's tied into that hardware. You can remove product
activation via an item within the Tools submenu of the JAWS group of the
Start menu, but that doesn't free up the activation for another PC. Two
things though - one, you should have three activations, so you can use
one of the other three to install on your new PC. Two, there is a link
on the FSActivate site labelled "Request a reset of the number of
activations allowed for a registered user", and you can use this to ask
FS to reset your original activation. I've done this on a number of
occasions, even for installations that haven't been registered, and it's
worked.

Steve