[jaws-uk] Re: can anyone tell me.

  • From: "Wendy Sharpe" <w.sharpe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 10:40:02 -0000

Stewart

Welcome to the list, and I hope you find it interesting.

To answer your question, when you are on a web page that does this, press
insert shift V.  This takes you to personalised settings, which will be set
for that page when you make any changes.  What you get is a list of options
to cursor up and down, but you can also press initial letters to get where
you want.  Press the letter R twice, and you should hear "refresh page
automatically".  To make changes on this list you just press the space bar.
When you press space on this option you will hear "refresh page off".

If you get onto a site which has Macromedia Flash on it and you want to stop
it constantly refreshing, go into personalised settings again and press R
once.  You should hear "refresh flash movies automatically".  Press space
till you hear "refresh flash movies off".

To save changes you simply press enter, and you are back on your page.  This
isn't really a JAWS problem, but is something web pages do to keep them up
to date.  However, it is annoying because the cursor tends to jump around
and you end up on different parts of the screen.

I hope this helps.

Wendy