[jaws-uk] Re: buying a laptop

  • From: "Tristram Llewellyn" <tristram.llewellyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 14:47:57 -0000

"Maybe I'm stating the obvious here, but remember you can only gain
access to
Email when away from home if you are within a wireless network to which
you
have access."

There are other options involving mobile data cards and even using a
mobile phone as a modem.  However they are usually very expensive.  Data
charges are sually quite extortionate unless you are on an "all you can
eat" kind of plan.  Also veering somewhat off topic, personally I worry
a little bit about public Wi-Fi hotspots because you are sending data
out in the clear.  I don't think most of the general public have really
cottoned onto that just yet so be careful about your use of public
access wireless.

Regards.

Tristram Llewellyn
tristram.llewellyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Technical Support
Sight and Sound Technology

Maybe I'm stating the obvious here, but remember you can only gain
access to
Email when away from home if you are within a wireless network to which
you
have access.

Barbara Wilson
T: 02887784046