[jaws-uk] Re: broadband

  • From: "Robin Clayden" <r.clayden@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2006 09:22:01 +0100

I used to think BT were the biggest and best and most reliable, but have
become very disillusioned with them recently with their latest campaign
about higher speed connections etc.

My conection in the last 3 to 4 months has been terrible, either a big
lag, or actual disconnection multiple times in an evening, and you win a
prize if you can actually get a human being to discuss your problem, and
if you do get that far, speak very slowly and concisely because they
will find it extremely difficult to understand your english...

I actually heard on radio this morning that BT's internet services were
only 10% of it's entire business, so in reality it's not BT as we know
it, that you're dealing with.

Best advice is indeed look at those ISP review websites. They give a
true picture of real users experience, rather than be sucked in to a
company's good advertising slant.

Good luck,

Robin.