[jaws-uk] Re: blind-diabetics some important info regarding yahoogroups

  • From: "Flor Lynch" <florlync@xxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 02:58:41 -0000

Ok, here's what the actual policy says, under the Web beacons link,
(using JAWS).

Outside the Yahoo! Network
List of 3 items
. Yahoo! uses web beacons to conduct research on behalf of certain
partners on their web sites and also for auditing purposes.
. Information recorded through these web beacons is used to report
aggregate information about Yahoo! users to our partners. This aggregate
information
may include demographic and usage information. No personally
identifiable information about you is shared with partners from this
research.
. When conducting research Yahoo!'s practice is to require our partners
to disclose the presence of these web beacons on their pages in their
privacy policies
and state what choices are available to users regarding the collection
and use of this information. You may choose to opt-out of Yahoo! using
this information
for this research. Please
click here
to opt-out.

Note: This opt-out applies to a specific browser rather than a specific
user. Therefore you will have to opt-out separately from each computer
or browser
that you use.
list end

And when you do click on the Opt Out link, you will be told that you
have successfully opted out.  The link below that is called, "cancel Opt
Out".