[jaws-uk] Re: bizarre JAWS and computer qurey

  • From: "Mister CANE" <mujtabam@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 May 2014 09:14:23 +0530

Here's what probably happened. When you reboot your computer using the power
button, Windows starts up after a forced shutdown. So when it boots, it
gives you two options:

1. Start Windows normarlly.
2. Start Windows in safe mode.

Brilliantly, we do not have any support on this screen with JAWS or any
other screen reader I know. So I suggest just as you reboot with the power
key in the next 4 to 5 seconds press the enter key so that option 1 is
selected. I would not recommend forced restarts, they are bad for the long
run. But I know that this loss of speech from JAWS you will encounter many a
times when programs stop responding, Windows 7 favourite thing to do.

Hope this helps. You can try a force restart and let us all know your
experience.

Mujtaba Merchant
Bangalore, India
"Motivation is what gets you started, habit is what keeps you going." ~ Jim
Rohn