[jaws-uk] Re: apostrofy

  • From: "Phil Medway" <philmedway@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Jul 2005 10:49:00 +0100

Hi Joe,

It may be a matter of changing the number processing setting.

1.    Insert+6 on the top row to invoke the configuration manager.

2.    Control+shift+d to ensure that you have the default configuration.

3.    Alt+s followed by t to bring up the text processing options.

4.    Tab down to number processing and set this to controlled by
synthesiser.

5.    Tab to ok and press enter.

6.    Alt+f4 to exit and y to save the settings.

Note: You need number processing, not the option above it, called something
like numeric date processing.  Also, you may prefer to use "pairs" instead
of "controlled by synthesiser".  Either choice should speak the time
correctly.

HTH,

Phil Medway.