[jaws-uk] anyone use asda

  • From: "Jillian Grant" <jillian.grant1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 19:50:13 +0100

Hi.

Apologies to those of you who'll get this twice.  Using Win 98se and JFW 4.5.

wondering if anyone here has used the Asda website.   I'm experiencing
technical difficulties with it.  I log in okay and try to get to the ailses and
shelves.  Firstly, it seems to take an eternity to get the site to respond.  I
click on a link first time and it doesn't do anything, so I go to the link and
click it again.  It may eventually respond and I can select the shelves.  Then,
suddenly, from out of nowhere, a myriad of pop-up windows with security alerts
appear.  I can't count how many there are, suffice to say though that it ends
up crashing the site and upsetting my computer.  When I press Yes on one to
tell it to display the non-secure items (which I did when I logged in anyway)
and then close it, another one pops up.  I cannot get rid of any of them.
Having precious little ram to start with, it's a nightmare to control.  Has
anyone else experienced this?  i've already sent a query to customer care, but
I doubt they'll have a clue to the problem.  I have noticed that when I check
the status bar, it talks about Java script, so wonder whether that's something
to do with the problem.

Thanks for any feedback on this one.

Jill.