[jaws-uk] Re: advice for skipe.

  • From: "adrian.rowe" <adrian.rowe5@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2008 10:45:35 +0100

Tony,

I would suggest that you use an ordinary mike with a small jack plug, and plug
it into the back of your computer.  This should work, after you have set up the
scrips for Skype.

Most blind users of Skype use a standard mike and not the phone that is
provided.

I am sure that there are members on this list who have the technical knowledge
who could help you set it up.

Adrian Rowe
    From: adrian.rowe
    To: jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
    hi adrian,
    yes you are quite correct,i plug in the skipe phone and the speakers no
longer issue forth any sound but it all comes through the phone,i use jaws
8.with bits  and windows xp pro , is there anyway that i can get speakers to
work seperate from phone or do i need to get a u s b sound card or or something
,its just a bit of a pain haveing to plug in the phone each time i want to use
skipe but it means i cannot use windows messenger or anything else at the same
time. oh and the version of skipe i use is the latest full version not the v4
beeta . cheers tonySent: Sunday, July 20, 2008 12:09 AM

    Using the skype phone with JAWS, will, I believe cut out the speakers, and
the JAWS speech will be heard through the Skype handset.

    What version of JAWS are you using?  As this could be your problem with
downloading the latest version of Skype!

    If I am wrong, I do appologize, and some one will surely correct me.

    Adrian Rowe