[jaws-uk] Re: XP Media Center computers accessing

  • From: "Graham Page" <gpage@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 20:21:02 +0100

watch it.  If you have JAWS standard it won't work on media centre.

I do hope that with the introduction of Windows Vista, JAWS will drop this
artificial price hike that applies to JAWS just because you may use a
different flavour of windows.

As it is, most laptops tend to ship with XP Pro.  As far as I know, Windows
Media Centre, while aimed primarily at the home user is also considered XP
Pro by JAWS which seriously affects the home user to the tune of £270 for an
upgrade from the standard version.

Cheers

Graham