[jaws-uk] XP Media Center computers accessing

  • From: "Andy Logue" <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 May 2006 20:37:02 +0100

Hi all.

Anyone use the Windows Media Centre Edition with JAWS?  I'm soon to upgrade
my computer and I'm thinking of trying out the media centre edition, rather
than the home edition.  Originally, I wanted to go down the media path in
order to watch TV and record various shows but now understand that so far,
we are unable to do this.  As I listen to a lot of music on my computer
which is normally plugged into my hi-fi, I'm tempted because of the much
quieter machines, but I'd love to get some feed-back from people who have
done this.  I'm using JAWS 6.0 and would have to upgrade to JAWS PRO 7 or 8
and this has a cost also, so is it worth it?

Best wishes.

Andy.