[jaws-uk] Word and JAWS settings question

  • From: "Catherine Turner" <catherineturner2000@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Jaws-Uk" <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 10:33:25 +0100

Hi all,

I'm taking notes from a taped lecture and want JAWS typing echo to be set to
none while I'm doing this.  While in Word I went into the verbosity dialog
and changed typing echo to none, when closing the dialog JAWS said "Document
settings saved".

I had assumed that changing typing echo would only be temporary if I did it
this way (i.e. only last as long as I didn't switch to another application).
But when JAWS said "document settings saved" I thought oh cool, maybe it
will automatically be set to typing echo none every time I load this
document.  But it's not - every time I switch away from Word or close and
reopen the file I have to set typing echo to none again.

So does anyone know
1.  Why JAWS says "document settings saved" even though the setting I've
changed doesn't last.  (I assume because some of the settings in the
verbosity dialog are document specific and JAWS automatically says document
settings saved every time the dialog is closed?)
2.  Is there a way of having the typing echo setting tied to a particular
document?

Catherine

**
Skype:  darkitude