[jaws-uk] Re: Wireless Protection

  • From: "Mullins, Chris" <Chris.Mullins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 13:02:24 +0100

Dave
It's as secure as anything else you're likely to come across in the market
place.  Here is some info I found on a web site:

You can connect to your Home Hub to check status and alter settings via your
PC's web browser - Go to
http://bthomehub.home/
. To get access to all of the areas of the Homehub settings, note you'll need
to log on as 'Admin' - by default you're logged on as a 'Basic' user. You'll
also need to select 'Advanced' to get to see all of the options. Admin users
will find the following sections:

Configuration: Contains the following:

list of 8 items
* Wireless - Set up the Hub's wireless settings : SSID , speed, channel,
encryption (WEP, WPA-PSK or WPA)
* Telephony - BT Broadband Talk settings
* Internet - Info on your Internet connectivity. This includes your username
and password - note that be default this is "bthomehub@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" (with
no password) - these details aren't actually needed as authentication is done
using your phone number
* IP Addresses - Here you can enable/disable DHCP, define a DHCP pool, and set
the Hub's IP addresses and subnet mask.
* Devices - Shows the status of connected devices
* Application sharing - Allows you to assign port mappings (translation of
incoming packets for a port range, to a local port range).
More
* Firewall - Allows you to select levels of protection
* Dynamic DNS - Allows you to use a service such as DYNDNS so that machines
outside your network can get your IP address
list end

System: Allows a reset, restart, and the option to set the Home Hub to get the
time automatically (Enter up to 5 NTP servers). Also has the 'Remote assistance
option to allow BT Support to connect in

log and intrusion detection log