[jaws-uk] Re: Wireless Protection

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 13:20:37 +0100

Hi Dave,

The only way I know to check out speed issues with any
degree of certainty, is to run some tests at decidedly nasty
hours of the day or night, when there are likely to be fewer
users around.

I think some providers are pushing the "contention ratios"
just too far, and what may have been 50 to 1 when you got it
installed may be more like 75 or 100 to 1.

For example, I find that Saturday midnight to Sunday 8am, my
download speeds are close to 2MB, yet by mid-Sunday morning
when all the kids get on line, it's down below 1MB

George.