[jaws-uk] Windows updates

  • From: "Dorothy Ingram-Gorban" <dorothy.ingram-gorban@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 09:46:59 -0000

I learned about Windows updates on this list. I found out about anti-virus
products on the list. I  also see many references to  belark Advisor on this
list. due to my habit of keeping inOutlook express  a good many thousands of
emails some
back to2005   I see  literally hundreds of  references to these subjects. Re
Anti-virus I am hopefully going to find out if an anti-virus prodoct is
supposed to in this day and age work with screen Readers suchas Jaws and the
others that are well known. so far the RNIB think not but are not sure,
Consumer Advice may find out in five to ten days, the Disability Law service
Mrs Murphy would know but she is on holiday.  One list member suggested
sending Kaspersky for example a Standard letter, I can still try that, but
first I would rather like to know the exact clause or sub Clause that
exempts manufacturers under the DDA Act as it currently stands. So it would
need the legal Beagles to look under exemptions I think

I have so often seen or heard people on this list if they know of good
anti-virus that will work with Jaws too numerous to mention,
finally if Windows is not needed for Jaws  is it only Vista that mattesrs

Dorothy?