[jaws-uk] Windows Vista question

  • From: "Barbara Wilson" <barkingbabs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "jaws-uk" <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 08:12:58 -0700

Hi

I have been following the recent thread re JAWS 9 and Vista with interest as I
want to upgrade my laptop and the ones with XP Pro I can find aren't up to
much, guess the newer ones are all Vista?

I think it was Susan mentioned the search facility rather than the menu
structure and I may have picked this up wrong so just wanted to check. Can you
bypass the search box and just the regular start menu to go to the program you
want to open? Also, when on the net and going to a new Website, can you simply
go to the addressbar with Alt D as you can in XP and type in the address you
want?

Thanks to anyone who can clarify this for me.

Barbara