[jaws-uk] Windows 7 and jaws click

  • From: David Bailes <david_bailes@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 29 May 2010 19:05:12 +0000 (GMT)

Hi Robin,

Filter keys is a group of settings for helping people who have difficulty using
the keyboard, and one of these settings has the effect that if you briefly
press a key it has no effect, and by default you get these clicks which you're
hearing.

To switch filter keys off, you'll probably be able to use a keyboard shortcut:
press the right hand shift key down for about eight seconds of so until you
hear a sound effect. If this doesn't work, open the ease of access centre
(windows key+u), tab to the make the keyboard easier link and open it, then tab
to the turn on filter keys check box, and press spacebar to uncheck it.

David.