[jaws-uk] Windows 7 Tutorials Needed

  • From: "Mujtaba Merchant" <mujtabam@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2013 08:44:32 +0530

Hello Folks,

I write to you today seeking assistance on Windows 7.

I recently transitioned to Windows 7  from XP at work. Although I can manage
most of the tasks on this OS, I find it challenging understanding some
areas, like when saving a file how to quickly navigate in the save as dialog
box. In XP if I used a  shortcut key ALT + I in that dialog box I would be
taken to the drop down menu to choose the location or drive where I wish to
save the file. But this shortcut does not work in Windows 7, I have to use
TAB or SHIFT TAB to navigate the dialog box, kind of annoying and time
consuming.

Does anyone have online resources/ tutorials to help me learn Windows 7
faster? If yes, please share any tips and tricks for the same. Also kindly
advice if there are any basic settings in the OS I need to change to help
better performance on the PC. The Ease of Access center isn't of much help
in trying to get the OS, Desktop, taskbar and start menu to behave like how
it was in XP.

Much Appreciated!

Mujtaba Merchant

Bangalore, India

Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going. ~Jim Ryu