[jaws-uk] Re: Windows 10?

  • From: Graham Page <gpage@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2015 12:20:56 +0100

Listen to latest FSCast.
They hope to have everything working but no support yet for edge browser which
is default.
I would probably wait a bit before upgrade

Sent from my iPhone

On 26 Jun 2015, at 18:23, oggy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Joan, Jaws 16 won't work with Win 10, maybe the next edition of Jaws will.
Win 10 is being offered as a free upgrade to Win 7 users, and presumably
to Win 8 users too, but it's going to be a massive file to download
unless you have very high speed broadband.
Win 10 is still in beta stage at present, and the general advice from
experienced users is not to rush into it as umpteen bug-fixes are likely
to be necessary during the first year.

On 26/06/2015 16:33, Joan Muir wrote:
Hello Folks.

I've just picked up a suggestion on my PC to get Windows 10. Didn't know it
was out already.

Could anyone please tell me if it's better than Windows 8 which I steered
clear of. Also, does Jaws 16 support it?

As an extra, I'm glad to say FS have now got rid of that awful voice.

Best wishes,

Joan.