[jaws-uk] Re: Webpages Not Handled BY JAWS

  • From: "Darren H" <darren@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 11:50:14 +0100

That is shocking!

Cheers
Darren
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Iain Lackie
  To: jaws
  Sent: Tuesday, June 15, 2010 11:47 AM
  Subject: [jaws-uk] Webpages Not Handled BY JAWS

  Hi
  I am finding that there are webpages which are not handled by JAWS but seem
to be handled properly by free screenreaders such as that from www.satogo.com.
If you visit this site, you will find that with JAWS it seems to be impossible
to play the video. Using Internet explorer 8, the Flash movie doesn't seem to
be found and using Firefox, the movie is found but the buttons are not. It
seems to me singularly unfortunate that a screenreader for which I do not have
to pay can access this kind of webpage while one for which I pay a not
inconsiderable sum has to give way before its free brethren.

  Iain