[jaws-uk] Webpages Not Handled BY JAWS

  • From: "Iain Lackie" <ilackie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "jaws" <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 11:47:17 +0100

Hi
I am finding that there are webpages which are not handled by JAWS but seem to
be handled properly by free screenreaders such as that from www.satogo.com. If
you visit this site, you will find that with JAWS it seems to be impossible to
play the video. Using Internet explorer 8, the Flash movie doesn't seem to be
found and using Firefox, the movie is found but the buttons are not. It seems
to me singularly unfortunate that a screenreader for which I do not have to pay
can access this kind of webpage while one for which I pay a not inconsiderable
sum has to give way before its free brethren.

Iain