[jaws-uk] Web site security

  • From: "Ken Reid" <ken.reid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Jaws Users" <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2008 20:34:40 +0100

All,

I am increasingly coming across the web security system of displaying a code in
an image, and asking the user to re-enter it.

As far as I can tell, this is a closed book as far as Jaws is concerned, as it
does not read the image, so we cannot enter the code.

Has anyone found a way of overcoming this, so called, security system?

I struggle to see the security element, as you should just copy what is on the
screen in front of you - who does that bar - apart from the blind of course.
It is more like a built in discrimination system than a security system.
(Sorry, rant over).

Look forward to any help out there.

Ken