[jaws-uk] Re: WILTSHIRE FARM WEBSITE

  • From: "Dave Taylor" <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 15:42:28 +0100

Hi, I would say that even expecting them to test a website with more than one screen reader is going too far. What they should do is conform to access guidelines and make sure any fancy controls etc are accessible. Screen reader developers, especially ones who charge, should ensure they make a program that works. It is slightly different for open source programs obviously but I'm sure they will get there. Satogo is the best on the internet in one or two ways anyway, I think the others could learn a thing or two from the concepts.

Cheers
Dave