[jaws-uk] Re: Voice settings

  • From: Pierre Beauchamp <beauchamp.pierre@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2005 17:52:55 +0200

        Hi Bary and all,

        It is possible to make changes to the way Eloquence speaks by modifying
the file
eci.ini

The file is organized in language sections, for instance [3.0] for french.
Within each language section, there is one line for each voice of eloquence,
the first one being Reed.
For example, here are the numbers  I have entered to get a softer voice of Reed
:
Voice1=0 50 60 28 0 20 70 89
The original setting was :
Voice1=0 50 65 30 0 0 50 92

        I do not remember precisely the effect of each number, since  I made
the changes already long ago.  The first number is 0 for a male voice and 1 for
a female one. The last number defines the volume.  By making systematic changes
to the numbers, one can easily hear how it affects the voice. To take effect,
the file eci.ini must be saved, and probably Jaws must be stopped and launched
by its short cut key.
        Have fun,
        Pierre.