[jaws-uk] Re: Various JAWS Problems

  • From: "Justine Fallis" <justine@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 14:05:46 +0100

Hi List

Can anyone help me with the following problems (I'm using JAWS 6.0, Windows
98 SE and a laptop, so any keystrokes that may be mentioned need to be
laptop relevant).

1)  I fairly recently upgraded from Windows 98 to Windows 98 SE.  Since
then, whenever I boot up my PC and go into Windows, my dial-up connection
pops up and I have to exit out of it (I've got a feeling this might be
something to do with Norton 2004 possibly).

2)  Also since the Windows upgrade, I've discovered that End it All doesn't
work with Win 98 SE, so wonder if there is a similar program that works with
JAWS to enable me to close down programs when doing a defrag or any other
computer maintenance.

3)  Again since the upgrade, whenever I try to send an E-mail from within
another E-mail in Outlook Express 6 (if someone has given me an E-mail
address, rather than opening a new message, I press enter on the link within
the message), instead of going into a new message, I am presented with a
list of programs within Windows Explorer, which JAWS begins to read.

4)  Finally, does anyone know of a Windows diagnosis program that works well
with JAWS and can diagnose any problems that may be occurring on the PC (I
discovered PC Mighty Max a few weeks ago, which is sold in the US but don't
know how accessible it is with JAWS).

hope someone can help me with some of these problems...

Justine Fallis

E-mail:  justine@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx