[jaws-uk] Re: Using feeds properly

  • From: David Bailes <david_bailes@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2012 10:44:04 +0100 (BST)

Hi Tom,
You can move to the feed tree by pressing ctrl+j.
The tree can contain both feeds, and folders which contain feeds. You can tell
if it's a folder because Jaws says open or closed after the name. You can open
a folder by pressing enter or right arrow, and then move down to the feed that
you want.
It sounds like in your case, there's a microsoft folder which contains feeds,
and there's also a bbc health site which isn't in a folder.
To open a feed press enter.
To return to the feed tree, press ctrl+j again. The feed that you previously
opened with be the initial focus. Note that if you press backspace rather than
ctrl+j, this takes you to the previous webpage, and not the feed tree.

David.