[jaws-uk] Re: Updating Jaws

  • From: Danny Miles <toptunesdanny@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2015 20:59:00 +0100

Hi Jamie. Thanks for writing and for that info. We're getting to
that point - we've been looking to see if any notifications come up
after pressing enter on yes or pressing Y for yes because it goes back
to the default screen - but it's still really helpful info in case
that problem comes up in future.

I don't know if I'm right in my guess but I was expecting that, having
said yes to the user control dialogue, it would show the list of
upgrades available as suggested by Robin or at least ask whether we
wanted to upgrade via the internet or not. However, it's just doing
nothing at all.

All the best, Danny

On 7/7/15, Jamie Cuthbertson <jamie.cuthbertson@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Danny,

When you say you've tried using Alt+N to look for notifications, are you
meaning when looking for the User Account Control dialogue?? If so, you
probably want to try Aklt+Tab instead as it comes up in a totally different
dialogue box. If that doesn't work, also try minimising all the windows
with Windows+M before then using the Alt+Tab and hopefully you'll get to the
correct dialogue box where you can say "Yes" to allowing the changes to be
made.

If you are getting to this dialogue box OK, just ignore the above.

Jamie