[jaws-uk] Troublesome Word form

  • From: "Catherine Turner" <catherineturner2000@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Jaws-Uk" <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 10:17:56 -0000

Hi,

I've got a form I need to fill in for a job application and am having trouble with it. As I tab around JAWS just says edit and doesn't say the label for the edit fields. The only way I can figure out what I'm meant to type where is by using the JAWS cursor to check what I've written after I've typed it.

I'm just wondering if anyone else could have a look at this form and tell me whether they have trouble with it too. I want to tell the organisation that the form's not accessible if it isn't, but I want to make sure I'm not missing something. I also want to tell them how they can improve the accessibility of it but am not sure what to tell them.

I'm using JAWS 7 and Word 2003. If anyone could have a look please let me know and I'll e-mail the form to you. And any info on creating accessible forms would be gratefully received.

Catherine
**
Skype:  darkitude
MSN: catherineturner2000@xxxxxxxxxxx