[jaws-uk] Transferring data from one laptop to another.

  • From: "sue morgan" <sue@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Jaws" <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2008 17:36:14 +0100

Hi.

I'm replacing my laptop and I know that there's a backup utility in system
tools which allows you to transfer everything from your old computer to a
new one.  Does this work well with Jaws and what type of cable do I need to
connect the two laptops together in order to transfer the data?

I've got everything backed up onto an external harddrive, but I'd like to
try and transfer everything over onto my new machine if it's ok to do that.

I'd be grateful on any comments on this, as I've not done this before.

I have a Sony Vaio laptop at the moment and replacing it with another Sony
machine with higher spec.

Sue.
e-mail sue@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
mobile 07968825286