[jaws-uk] The Fix For The JAWS 8.0 Video Intercept That Wouldn't Install

  • From: "Brian Lingard" <b.lingard@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 19:44:46 -0400

Ottawa Canada

My salesman swore the tower machine worked like a charm before he
phoned me to say it was ready to go.  However when we booted the
PC in my presence, the infamous want to install the JAWS video
intercept message showed up and clicking on the Execute button
made it try to reboot but it hung on the "Post screen" and when
it finally rebooted the install message was staring back at us.

The video card was an NVIDIA Geforce 9800 GX2 with twin GPU.  We
set the card to run with just one monitor active and it didn't
solve the problem.

On a whim, I asked if they had any single GPU, single monitor
cards in stock.  They did, we put in a Zotac 8500 entry-level
video card and the JAWS video intercept installed itself like a
dream.

So the moral of the story is: Don't buy a fancy two or more GPU
video card for your PC with JAWS.  Only use a one-monitor, one
GPU card and JAWS will just love the video card.

Thanks to all who suggested fixes.

Brian
Brian K. Lingard
E-mail: b.lingard@xxxxxxxxxxxx