[jaws-uk] Re: Thanks from you out there of a compassionate nature.

  • From: "Tink Watson" <tink@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 13:43:22 +0100

Dorothy, Graham,

        I'm sure that the people at Freedom Scientific have passed this
problem down to the team in charge of building the upcoming version of Jaws,
but in case this hasn't happened, I'll post a bug report to the private beta
team when I get into work tomorrow morning.

        The problem that jaws has with black background and white text
appears all the way up to the current version. I followed the advice in your
email Dorothy, and added in two new custom highlight colour combinations,
black on black and black on grey. This improved matters to some degree,
Outlook no longer repeated the text in the bodies of emails twice, but
moving around in the message header pane was still difficult, although by no
means impossible.

        Although this isn't a solution, it may have some result and if so
I'll report back to this list. In the meantime, I would go with Graham's
suggestion and stop using the monitor and rely on Jaws speech output to
guide you.

Tink.