[jaws-uk] TfT noise

  • From: "Dorothy Ingram-Gorban" <dorothy.ingram-gorban@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2008 22:29:23 -0000

Sorry this may be off topic but I am wondering about the sound I sometimes hear from my TFT screen on my Desktop.

It only happens sometimes after being on a long time, but I suddenly hear a Crack sound. there is no crack, I feel the screen, it is a TFT Samsun I have had since 2002 it is warm as I would expect but along the top just below the Silvery rim, it is warmer than below. the middle and bottom are warm, Now I know many things contract and expand naturally, but does this happen to anyone else, it only happens once suddenly "crack" just like that. If this is normal please let me know. does a Flat panel or TFT screen have a life span? Sorry to ask a question that may seem not JFw related but it distracts me in the middle of listening to Jaws
Regards Dorothy