[jaws-uk] Re: Tesco.com

  • From: Léonie Watson <tink@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2009 14:47:38 -0000

        It could be one particular security setting that's the problem. Many
websites use JavaScript to provide functionality such as signing into a
store. JavaScript can be used maliciously, so it's included as part of
Internet Explorer's security settings. From time to time, automatic Windows
updates will turn off JavaScript support, so although your friend may not
have changed anything himself, this could still be behind it.

        To check whether JavaScript is enabled, follow these steps:

1. Open Internet Explorer.
2. Go to the Tools menu and select Internet Options.
3. Go to the Security tab and select Internet as the web content zone.
4. Activate the Custom Level button, to go into the settings.
5. Look for the Active Scripting setting and ensure that it's enabled.

        If it isn't already enabled, check the Enable setting. Then save all
your changes, accepting all the warnings that pop up as you go. You'll then
need to close all open browser windows, before opening a new window and
trying the Tesco site again.

        If scripting was already enabled, then I'm afraid this is barking up
the wrong tree.Hope it does the trick though.

Léonie.

--
http://www.tink.co.uk/