[jaws-uk] Tables in Word questions

  • From: "Catherine Turner" <catherineturner2000@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Jaws-Uk" <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 May 2006 12:21:30 +0100

Hello,

I'm having trouble navigating round some tables in a Word document and have
some questions.

1.  Why is it in some tables when I try to move around by pressing alt
control arrows JAWS says "end of row" (if I try to go right), yet if I press
tab it does move to the cell to the right?

2.  Why does JAWS sometimes say "selected" when I press tab to move around
the table?

3.  In looking for help I went into the JAWS help topic about tables in
Word.  It says this about non uniform tables:

"Non uniform tables are tables with rows that span more than one column, or
columns that span more than one row."

Am I missing something, or isn't it true to say that most tables have
columns that span more than one row and rows that span more than one column?
If not, the table would consist of a single row and a single column...?

Catherine
**
Skype:  darkitude
MSN:  catherineturner2000@xxxxxxxxxxx