[jaws-uk] TEMPORARY SILENCES BY JAWS 9 WHEN USING TOSHIBA LAPT L4014N

  • From: "Kevin Morris" <drewdog101@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 16:40:49 +0100

Hi list,

I'm using a Toshiba laptop (Sattelite l4014n with Jaws 9, windows
Vista Home Premium, Internet Explorer 7 and 2gb of RAM). On occasions
Jaws stops speaking, usually just for a few seconds this usually
taking place while on the internet. I don't seem to get this problem
when using the much older desktop which is equipped with Jaws 9 and
Windows XP Professional plus IE 7. Has anyone else experienced this
problem? If so is it a problem with Jaws or Windows Vista.

When I bought the laptop, in December 2007 it had 1gb of RAM and I was
wondering if this could be slowing things down. However I upgraded
(yesterday) to 2gb and the problem is still happening.

Any help gratefully received.

Thanks,

Kevin